Search Going Pokemon

Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Good, Bad and Ugly

Like all video game launches the Pokemon Go launch has proven not to be any different then each one of our favorite titles, or console release. Usually through the first week the game is plagued by bugs and strange quirks, and Pokemon Go is not anything special or unique when it comes to this.

Here are some problems which have been experienced.

I had to create my avatar 3 different times. On the second and third time when the avatar was created I was presented with an error message that avatar was already created and the game would exit. After a complete reset of the phone I was able to login. However the avatar which was created was showing as something totally different from what I created.

This issue seems to have been corrected and now about 5 hours later the avatar is showing up as it should.

I am unable to change from AR mode or from Animated mode. I selected NON AR mode and have been unable to permanently switch from this type of game mode.

At times I am not able to click the screen. Usually when you click the map a blue circle will show up indicating where you touched. This circle has not shown up on a number of occasions and has caused me to miss the capture of 4-7 different Pokemon. 

I am currently not a level 5 yet so when I click on a training gym (occupied or not) this will cause the game to crash 75% of the time. When the game does not crash I am presented with a message to come back when I have the proper amount of experience.

Pokemon Go seems to work great when connected to a WIFI network but when on 4glte the game does not seem to always allow the usage of PokeStops, and so I am not always able to spin the picture to collect items.

When the game crashes or locks up it takes forever to log back in. This has to be caused by over utilized servers. I guess the traffic generated by this game to the Niantic/Nintendo servers is just currently to much to handle. This would also explain the slow avatar population.

Only being a few hours in the game is still functional. I have noticed a number of gyms have been taken over so that means people have already managed to get to level 5 and train their Pokemon.

This event is nothing short of exciting and I feel very luck to be apart of the initial release of Pokemon Go. Over the next few days I am sure a large number of these bugs will be worked out and additional network resources will be added by Niantic/Nintendo to insure their users get the best possible experience. However if they do not start to expand their infrastructure to support this newly created cash cow users might become aggravated and remove the game from their Android or IOS device.

With everything said its still to early to give a fair rating to this game. I will pass my judgment when and if these reported problems and many others are fixed.

Happy Hunting,

Kinetic.

1 comment:

  1. I have downloaded the game and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete